The People Services advisor will work as part of the HR team reporting into the People Services Manager. You will take responsibility as the first port of call for all recruitment aspects, including advising line managers on all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
The role will include supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people.
How will you contribute?
- You will be responsible for providing HR advice and guidance on all aspects of an employee's relations and engagement
- Support the operational team to manage employee relations cases efficiently and effectively to ensure fairness and the most appropriate outcome
- Support and improve absence management including the active management of welfare meetings and OH referrals
- To produce weekly / monthly reports, Statistics and KPIs as required.
- Responsibility for accurate record maintenance and reports for the department.
- Provide support to the People Manager in progressing HR related projects and initiatives.
- Assist the People Manager in managing change programmes throughout the business, where required.
- Support recruitment activity from start-to-finish ensuring compliance to internal policies and the selection of the most suitable candidates
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- To ensure that all administration is carried out in a timely, effectively and accurate manner
- To support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
What will you bring?
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5
- Experience of working in similar role
- Good technical HR knowledge and understanding of current employment law
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise workloads, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, able to build relationships quickly, persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy.
- Confidential and professional approach
- Passionate about developing and supporting colleagues to fulfil their potential
- Pragmatic, resilient and a self-starter
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience of working with recruitment and HRIS systems
- Flexibility in working hours to support 24/7 operation and occasional travel to other locations.
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement
At Blue Square Utilities we really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment. Our people are at the core of our business and what makes BSU great.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support BSU in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV.
We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Application Deadline: 25/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000.00 per year